Sometimes, we require taking printouts of GIF images. But as these are animated ones, we can’t take it. In this article, we will tell you how you can convert an animated GIF into Flipbooks. This will help us in taking its printout.
Suppose you are also looking for the same. In that case, you are reading the right article because, in this article, we are explaining to you everything regarding how to convert Animated GIFs to flipbooks so that you can take their printout.
But before explaining this, we will explain to you what is GIF. To read everything, read our article till the end.
What is GIF?
A computer file format for the compression & storage of digital visual information, also an image or video stored in this format. GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) images are lossless data compression format, and It means that no information is lost in the compression.
It was developed in 1987 by a team of CompuServe developers seeking a way to compress images with minimal data loss. A few images or photo editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, and Microsoft GIF Animator are the programs which can be used to create GIFs.
In an easy language, this is a bitmap image format. And it supports up to 8 bits per pixel for each image. So this is the file extension.
Now we are going to tell you about Animated GIFs.
What is an animated GIF?
As we know that a moving picture is called animation. And a moving image in GIF format comprises a series of frames. When displayed, they provide an animated sequence, which repeatedly cycles without stopping, like a tiny movie.
Although this is very popular on the Web, animated GIFs are larger than single-frame GIFs and take longer to download. It is used for ad banners; the animation is usually confined to small image areas to keep the file size short.
An animated GIF can loop endlessly or present one or a few sequences and then stop the animation. Java, Flash, and other tools can achieve the same effects as an animated GIF.
Uses of GIFs
GIFs are used for many things. These are as follows:
- GIFs can be used to emphasize emotions.
- These are widely used in Marketing as well.
- Second, GIFs can be used in Visualization and social media engagement.
- Third, these can be used in chats and memes.
- Finally, these can be used in online animation, Web graphics, and logos.
Benefits of GIFs
There are many benefits to using GIFs. Now we are talking about them, and these are as follows:
- They are simple to make using an animation program and a series of images. There are many programs and apps which are used to make GIFs.
- They’re speedy to create. And these don’t require too much technical know-how and can spread across social media sites like wildfire as memes.
- The colour limits placed on GIFs keep their file sizes relatively small compared to others.
- They do not require your web browser to have a plug-in, Flash animations need the user’s computer to have the necessary plug-ins installed, but GIFs are treated as standard images.
- When you want to reduce the file size, it is effortless to do, and that too without losing too much quality is lost when compressing them.
- GIFs are very easy to use when you are making a webpage. And no special coding or formatting is required when adding a GIF to a webpage as they are standard image files.
- All types of web browsers support them. Although there are very few web browsers that will not support animated GIFS, most of the web browsers are compatible with this.
- When you want to decrease the file size, not too much quality is lost when compressing them.
The drawback of GIFs
This is very useful and extremely easy to use. But there are many drawbacks also. So now we are going to discuss its disadvantages. These are as follows:
- The GIF file format only supports a palette of 256 colours, meaning images may have a low resolution or even look slightly blurry. It can’t keep more than 256 colours.
- Too few frames in the animation results in a jerky animation.
- They use multiple images and animated GIF files for this. And this can sometimes be tricky to return to and edit.
- GIFs are usually tiny and quick to upload. But on the other hand, a slow Internet connection could delay or negatively affect their appearance on a webpage.
- They have a maximum colour depth of 256 bits, Other image and animation formats have much larger bit depths, but 265 bits usually are well suited to a webpage.
- They often have a ‘Blocky’ or ‘Pixel’ appearance, and GIFs can give a blocky quality to animated images, reducing the overall quality.
- Their use of ‘Dithering’ to prevent harsh colour contrast restricts how much the file can be compressed.
- If they are not used well, or too many GIFs are being used, they can give the site an unprofessional and dull look.
What is a flipbook?
Now we are going to tell you about the Flipbook. Flipbooks are sometimes referred to as “digital flipbooks”, bringing the look and feel of print publications into the new, digital world. We can customize how readers experience our magazine, brochure, or book in a digital format.
An example of Flipbook is:
- FLIPBOOK: Eye-catching online flipbooks with smooth page-turn animation
- PROPOSAL: Professional digital proposals, offers, and quotations for sales, marketing, and more
- PITCH: Professional online pitches, pitch decks, and presentations
- DIGITAL REPORT: Professional digital reports for businesses and nonprofits
- EBOOK: Professional interactive publications for easy lead generation
- BROCHURE: Digital brochures, leaflets, and booklets with a bright print-like look and feel.
Flipbook can be sent as an email newsletter, and these support gifs. Flipbook can be downloaded easily as PDF, JPEG, PNG, and GIF. Flipbooks are mobile-friendly. It means we can run them on our mobiles also.
Digital Flipbooks have privacy and security options in them. Flipbook can make interesting online magazines. Flipbooks can be printed quickly, and you can easily sell flipbooks.
Pros and cons of flipbooks
Now we will tell you about the pros and cons of Flipbooks. These are as follows.
- These can be shared easily.
- These are perfectly responsive and have multimedia integration.
- These flipbooks make every document very interactive.
- It is effortless to use the software.
- These are built into your website seamlessly.
- It is very time-consuming and takes a lot of time to make a good flipbook.
- To make a flipbook, you will have to draw the same picture again and again with a minor.
- Flipbook don’ translate well to Mobile phones.
- They cannot be gracefully well shared on any social media platforms.
Convert FlipbookFlipbook into GIF:
- Trim & glue
Steps to Make a Flipbook Animation:
Now we will tell you the steps to make a flipbook Animation. These are as follows:
- First of all, get a thick stack of paper and then start at the bottom right.
- And after that, draw the following image and continue the process.
- And now, polish and enhance.
How to Convert GIF to Flipbook That You Can Print?
Step 1: To get started, open up the homepage of “Gifprint” on your internet browser.
Step 2: After that, you will be able to see a box. And there will be an option to upload the GIF file you want to convert into a flipbook.
Step 3: Now, you can upload an animated GIF from your Personal Computer by clicking on the “Choose File” button available there or paste a GIF URL in the “Animated GIF URL” option.
Step 4: Once you are done uploading a GIF file, click on the “Submit” button to proceed further.
Step 5: Once you are done with all these things, it will automatically process the GIF file and convert it into a flipbook.
Step6: Then, it will show you all the flipbook frames with sequence numbers after conversion, and there you will also see the option to download the FlipbookFlipbook as a PDF file.
Step 7: Finally, you can the take printout out of the downloaded file and then cut and stack the frames into a real flipbook.
Flipbooks are unique interactive personalized gifts, invitations, greetings, or just fun to make. It’s effortless to make custom flipbooks from any video on your phone or camera and then play them back in full motion with a simple thumb flip. Flipbooks have been so easy to make.
This is great for celebrating holidays, valentine’s day, mother’s day, father’s day, birthday, video selfie flipbooks, and gifts commemorating life’s most memorable moments. With Flipping Book, you can easily convert your PDF to a digital flipbook with a realistic page flip effect, custom branding, powerful videos, etc.
A digital flipbook is a format used to present content online as an engaging, interactive HTML5 document that can view in any browser.