Genshin Impact v2.1 update will bring the Electro Archon of Inazuma, the Raiden Shogun, Baal. She became instantly popular in the Genshin Impact community after her reveal and a majority of the players including even the f2p players are interested in pulling for her. There is a lot of popularity for the newest archon that resides over Inazuma, one of the seven. Like Morax who is known as Rex Lapis in Liyue, similarly, Baal is known as Raiden Shogun in Inazuma.
Baal or Raiden Shogun will be a five-star character therefore she can only be available through the game’s Gacha system. Although pulling her from the Gacha system will require some effort.
The wait for Baal is almost over now. You will be able to wish for Baal from 1 September, 2021 after 11 A.M. Eastern Time.
Why Should I Pull for Baal?
The Raiden Shogun Baal has been one of the most anticipated characters in Genshin Impact after her first appearance in the Inazuma trailer in Genshin v2.0 update. From her stunning looks and aesthetics to her personal Domain Expansion (from Jujutsu Kaisen :)), Baal has almost the entire Genshin Fanbase simping for her. Not only that, her gameplay from the trailers and leaks looks beautiful and satisfying. Her attacks feel fluid and the way she appears to cut dimensions in her alt attack look nothing short of phenomenal.
When it comes to archon characters in Genshin Impact you have to get them because there can be hundreds of unique characters in the future but there are only 7 archons in the whole of Teyvat. So, wishing for Baal will be worth it.
Like Venti and Zhongli, Baal has her own place in terms of usage and usefulness therefore it is absolutely true to keep those expectations with Baal (Raiden Shogun).
Also, there is a new character in genshin – Kokomi.
Reasons Why You Should Pull for Baal
1. She’s got the LEGENDARY Booba Sword – Let’s be honest here, a majority of the Genshin Impact fanbase is going to pull for Baal simply because of her ultimate ability in which she pulls out a katana from inside her …, well you know. This move instantly became a fan favorite among the male fanbase of Genshin Impact and has motivated even the f2p players to pull for her. Do you need a reason greater than the fact that you can make Baal pull out her sword anytime you want. Not to mention, Baal has such an intensity you might want her to step on you
2. She can act as a flexible support or sub-carry – Baal is a polearm user with an electro vision. She is one of the best support characters after Zhongli as she will be able to provide off-field damage with her elemental skill. This off-field damage can be triggered by other characters as well (as stated in the livestream). Her elemental burst is just like Keqing’s but Baal’s is even flashier because it will scale off of other characters’ elemental bursts. Combined with the new artifact set ‘Emblem of the Severed Fate’, Baal will be an unstoppable force as a support and even as a main dps.
3. She is the electro archon – Baal is the electro archon and having a close look at her kit and abilities, it is safe to assume that she will be the strongest electro character in Genshin Impact. Summoning for Baal should also be a must for people who want to create an Archon team.
How many pulls or wishes to get Baal? (Chance of Getting Baal)
Baal is a 5 star character and as explained above how the pity system works, the chances of you getting Baal depends a lot on your luck, the amount of primogems you have saved and maybe your bank balance (if you are a whale). It will take a maximum of 90 wishes to get a 5 star character although it is almost impossible to reach that point (1 in 14 million, if you are somehow able to reach the 90th wish for the 5 star then you are probably the unluckiest person in the world and in that case, contact us and we will prepare some beer for you :)). Most people get the 5 star before the 90th wish.
But it is possible to lose the 50/50 chance here if you haven’t already lost before. After losing the 50/50, it will be guaranteed that the next 5 star you get will be Baal. So depending on your luck, you may have to make from 0 to 180 wishes to get Baal. If you are simping hard for Baal then prepare your credit card just in case (coming from a person who lost Baal to 50/50 on three different accounts :().
What are the ways to wish for Baal [Raiden Shogun] ?
If you want to get Baal then you have to win the character from the Genshin impact Gacha pon wish system. This system is completely dependent on luck, although there exists a pity system that ensures that you do get the character showcased on the banner after a certain amount of wishes. This Pity system works in such a way that you are guaranteed to get a 5 star character after 90 wishes. This system is explained in more detail later down below.
If you want to get Baal for free then you have to grind through the game. There are many ways to make wishes in Genshin Impact.
You have to collect a lot of in-game free currency that is primogems to make the required amount of Gacha pulls to get your favorite electro archon. The in-game primogems exchange rate is that for every 160 primogems, you can get one Intertwined fate or one Acquaint fate.
But since we are talking about Baal here, the only way to pull her would be by using Intertwined fates, so we will only be talking about that. So in order to make 10 wishes, you have to collect 1600 primogems so that you can exchange them for 10 Intertwined fates from the in-game Paimon’s shop.
Masterless Starglitter or Masterless Stardust
You can make the pulls with the help of Starglitter or Stardust. Starglitter and Stardust are rare, unique currencies that you can only collect by making wishes. For every 4 star character or item that you get from the Gacha you get 2 Starglitter while for every 5 star pull you get 10 Starglitter. For every 3 star item, you get 15 Stardust. These currencies can be exchanged in the Paimon’s shop to acquire more Intertwined fate emblems.
You can exchange 1 Intertwined fate for 75 Stardust and you can only exchange a maximum of 5 Intertwined fates using Stardust. This is reset only after the in-game shop resets. You can exchange 4 Starglitter for 1 Intertwined fate but the amount of Intertwined fates you can exchange for Starglitter is unlimited.
As explained above, there are only a limited number of familiar fate emblems that you can exchange, therefore a better alternative is to collect as many primogems as you can by doing world quests, character story quests, opening chests, doing daily commissions, and doing hangout events.
How to get Raiden Shogun (Baal) Genshin Impact For Free
You can win Baal or Raiden Shogun from the Wish Character Banner till the time Baal is available on the banner. If you miss this opportunity to get your favourite electric archon then you have to wait till there is a rerun for the same character. So, Let’s explore how to get Baal for free.
First of all you will require to have intertwined fates to make the wishes. One intertwined fate is equal to 160 primogems i.e, you require 160 primogems to make a single wish. You can also use stardust and star glitter to exchange for intertwined fates, this has been discussed in above paragraphs in detail.
The most preferred way is to collect the primogems which is the major source for making character wishes for F2P players. The some of the most common ways to get free primogems are
- Daily Commissions can get you 60 primogems in a day.
- Archon Quests can fetch you 60 to 180 Primogems.
- Common Chest gives you 0-2 , Exquisite chest gives you 2-5 , Precious chest gives you 5, Luxurious chest 10-40, and shrine offers 40 Primogems.
- In the Achievement section, for each achievement you will get 5-20 primogems depending on the achievement and there are a lot of them.
- Adventure handbook is another fast method to get primogems where you can get more and more primogems (50-150) depending on the chapter you are in.
- Spiral Abyss can give you 300 primogems for the first 8 floors only for the first time. After entering the Abyss Corridor (floors 9-12) and completing the Abyss Moon, you can get 2400 primogems every time the Spiral Abyss is reset (which is 1st and 16th of every month).
- Battle Pass can earn you 680 primogems on completing 50 BP levels.
- Special Events can also fetch you some good amount of primogems.
- You can earn primogems by limited time log-in events.
- You can get 300 primogems as a reward for monthly maintenance before every major update.
- Other methods include Monthly rewards, redeem codes from livestreams, test runs and live stream events.
Above are some major sources for primogems. Obtain these primogems as much you can as you will require 1600 or 10 wishes.
How to Pull for Baal through Gatcha (Where to wish for baal)
When you have collected enough primogens in the game then it will be the time to make the gacha pull.
STEP 1: Open the wish tab in Genshin Impact.
STEP 2: You will find here three banners – weapon, character, event. Select for the “standard wish” last tab out of three tabs.
STEP 3: Now when you are on the standard wish tab then you can select from pulling either one wish or 10 wishes. It will simply depend on the availability of the primogens and stardust that you have. Choose a number of wishes on the basis of the availability of the material for wishes.
STEP 4: Now sit back and pray for getting Baal. You have to understand it is a matter of luck.
STEP 5: If you don’t get Baal then repeat the process from step 1 after collecting more primogems in the game.
How To Get Baal Guaranteed (Wish System Explained)
As explained above, Genshin Impact has a pity system in place so that the players wishing on the different banners get a guaranteed 5 star character after a certain amount of pulls. This system works such that the chance of getting a 5 star character starts increasing after 75 wishes and this probability keeps on increasing till it reaches a 100% guarantee at the 90th wish.
What is ‘Soft Pity’ ?
In simple terms, the probability of getting a 5 star character is 0.6% for every wish. This probability is very low and it might take a lot of tries to get it. This is why the pity and the soft pity system exists. If you make 75 consecutive wishes without getting a 5 star character or item, then after the 75th wish, the probability of getting a 5 star character or item starts increasing. This is called the ‘soft pity’.
The Pity System Explained
This probability increases exponentially with every wish and it keeps on increasing till it becomes 100% at the 90th wish. This means that if you are unlucky enough to not get a 5 star character or item in 89 consecutive wishes then you get a guaranteed 5 star character on the 90th wish. This system is known as the pity system. Due to this, it is likely that players won’t always need to make 90 wishes in order to get their favorite 5 star character or item. Due to the soft pity and a bit of luck, you can get your favorite 5 star before hitting the 90 wish mark or maybe even before hitting the 75 wish mark if you get very lucky.
But, there is an important catch in this pity system. While it is guaranteed that you will get a 5 star under or at 90 wishes, it is not guaranteed that you will get the character that you want or the character that is featured on the banner. This is because of another underlying system which has come to be known as the 50/50 which states that the probability of getting the 5 star character or weapon featured on the banner is only 50%. This essentially means that after making wishes, if you happen to get a 5 star character, then the probability that it will be the 5 star featured on the banner is only 50%. This means that in order to get Baal in under or at 90 wishes, you are gonna have to win the 50/50 stake.
Guaranteed Baal and 50/50
Thankfully, there is also a pity system in place for this 50/50. This system works such that if you get a 5 star that is not the same as the one featured on the banner then for the next 90 or less pulls, the 5 star you receive will most definitely be the one featured on the banner. The 50/50 win and loss are carried over to the upcoming banners as well. This means that if you lost a 50/50 on a previous Character Event Wish banner then this new pity will be carried over to the Baal banner as well which means wishing on the Baal banner in such a state will get you a guaranteed Baal. So depending on your luck, you may have to make up to 180 wishes maximum to get a guaranteed Baal.
Players whose next five-star is a 50/50 will need at most 28,800 Primogems to get Baal. Meanwhile, players without a 50/50 or players who lost their 50/50 previously need at most 14,400 Primogems to get Baal.